Notice of Nondiscrimination
Manatee Healthcare System complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Manatee Healthcare System does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Manatee Healthcare System:
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact the Nursing Director.
If you believe that Manatee Healthcare System has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex, you can file a grievance with:
Tina M. Buchanan
206 2nd St. E. Bradenton, Florida 34208
941-745-7248, 941-745-6847 (fax)
You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or email. If you need help filing a grievance, Tina M. Buchanan is available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html